Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Google Chrome - My two cents

Google Chrome!
That's the headline in every technology blog in the last couple of days! But today I won't write about the browser because I think everyone knows enough about the new kid in town.
But I want to point to one little "feature" of Chrome. When you download Chrome, Google assign a ID number to your browser. Chrome collects informations about your web surfing habits and in combination with the ID number Google gets a nice profile about you.
I don't suffer from paranoia, but I think it would be nicer if Google gives you a choice if you want to get a ID or not.
If you want to erase the ID number, than you should try UnCrome (unfortunately there is only a german version available!).
Anonymize Chrome or not...that's the question!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
ss_blog_claim=917c507f3dcc729f874dcf9b95895b11