Monday, September 8, 2008

Lively - Google's next coup?

I rarely visit chatrooms. I don't like to type "lol" "rofl" and "omg" for hours without a real conversation. And I don't like those chatroom textboxes...red letters, blue letters, symbols and stuff - most chatrooms are just ugly.

And now there is Google's 3-D chatroom service called Lively.
Check out Google's promo video on youtube:



The visual appearance reminds me of Second Life mixed with The Sims. I think the virtual world of Lively is much more appealing to the eye than the old textboxes of the ordinary chatrooms.
You can design your avatar and your room and you can add a Lively chatroom to your website.

I don't know if I will use Lively regularly. It's nice and new, but 3-D virtual world or not...after all it's just hours of typing "lol" "rofl" and "omg"!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
ss_blog_claim=917c507f3dcc729f874dcf9b95895b11