My first internet connection came with a internal 56K dial-up modem. Back then I didn't use the internet as much as nowadays, because 56K is so slow, I can't hardly believe now, that it took half an hour to download a mp3-song ( I can't hardly believe, that it wasn't illegal to share music over kazaa!). In the 56k-days you didn't look things up just for fun, because you paid for dialing up and every minute was charged. I used the internet just for e-mailing and downloading Amiga-500-roms and I was online just every second day. My first flatrate contract was a bust, because it was a dial-up connection and the company sold too many flatrates, so almost every line was busy everytime and you couldn't hardly connect to web during day time.
My whole internet use changed overnight when my first DSL connection was set and ready. It was a 768k connection - a warp jump compared to the dial-up connection. So I got rid of the dial-up modem and put a network interface card into my computer. My computer was online 24/7 and I downloaded hugh chunks of files. I updated my DSL connection to a 6 MB connection 3 years ago and at first I was happy with the broadband, but Iater I wondered if I really got the full 6MB available. So I used a internet speed test like the one from http://www.broadbandexpert.com.au/. I found out that my provider couldn't provide the full 6MB at my house. So I changed the broadband company and I wish, there were more sites like http://www.broadbandexpert.com.au/ for easy comparison of DSL and Cable connection contracts.
Today it's not only about fast internet connections at home, nowadays you are able to connect to the web everywhere, everytime with almost the same internet speed like at home. For mobile broadband plans you can check http://www.broadbandexpert.com.au/ as well.
So If you are suspicious, that your provider couldn't provide the internet speed you paid for, check out: http://www.broadbandexpert.com.au/broadband/speedtest/
Sunday, September 20, 2009
From 56K to DSL - Broadband and internet speed
Posted by
SchanzerX
at
6:08 AM
Labels: computer, internet, mobile phones






